We are looking for an Accounting Manager in our Madisonville office. We have a collaborative culture and look to hire exceptional people who possess a wide spectrum of talents. You would work closely with our Director of Accounting and the CFO. The expectation is that you would do internal management accounting, provide accounting data for decision-making, planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Subject matter expert for various end-to-end accounting processes and applications.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures that improve the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of data posting to the general ledger.
- Responsible for coordinating with Procurement, Sales, & Operations to ensure important business information is continuously shared and financial data flows to the general ledger properly.
- Analyze general ledger data and supporting documentation from other subsystems and sources to ensure accruals are appropriate and accurate.
- Develop and lead Accounting related process improvement initiatives, including new systems implementations and upgrades to existing systems.
- Prepare and/or review assigned ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audit and work with external audit team.
Accounting Department Responsibilities in Detail
- Accounts Payable (money out) – In order to maintain great relationships with vendors making sure that everyone gets paid on time is a vital role. The role of the accounting department includes keeping an eye on opportunities to save money, for example, determining if there are discounts or incentives available for paying certain vendors more quickly. At the very least, AP should be scheduled to assure that the least amount of money has to go out per payment, i.e., no late payment charges!
- Accounts Receivable and Revenue Tracking (money in) – Another critical duty of the accounting department is to account for and track receivables, including outstanding invoices and any required collection actions. Accounts receivable is responsible for creating and tracking invoices. The responsibility here includes assuring that customers pay those invoices on time, so a system of friendly reminders is crucial.
- Payroll – Payroll is a critical function of the accounting department and includes making sure all employees are paid accurately and timely. In addition, proper tax is assessed and tax payments are on time with state and federal government agencies.
- Reporting and Financial Statements – The primary reason you collect data properly in your accounting software is to prepare financial reports that can be used for budgeting, forecasting and other decision making processes. In addition, these and other reports are needed for communication to investors, banks and other professionals that play a role in the growth of your business.
- Financial Controls – Financial controls include reconciliations, dividing the responsibilities and following the GAAP standards of accounting principles, all of which are implemented with view toward compliance, fraud and theft prevention.
Things We’re Looking for from Our Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience
- Trading industry experience
- Accounting systems skills with experience in managing administrative functions and/or system implementations required
- Detail oriented teammate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to document processes and communicate with all levels of management and external vendors
- Advanced level Excel & Numbers skills required
- Quickbooks skills desired
- Should you be a fit, we will move forward with an initial phone screen.
Qualifications and Culture
This person needs to be driven, able to self-direct, and eager to learn. Our environment offers quick feedback and we count on each person to thrive on that and be able to execute given new information. Our office and culture is casual but we enjoy hard work and pride ourselves on delivering top quality work. We have an excellent work life balance and are able to be most productive by working together. This role offers competitive benefits and pay and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Tungco, Inc. prides itself on offering a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a performance-based bonus. Tungco, Inc. strives for a casual and fun work environment and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Full medical, dental and vision coverage is offered as well as a retirement plan.